Monday, December 30, 2013

5th Birthday: Best Day Ever

Hi, friends! I am sharing a layout I created for my daughter's birthday using the Gossamer Blue December kits.  It's so hard to believe that she is 5 already. Apparently, I have been vocal about my disbelief because even she is asking me, "Can you believe I'm 5?". It's the cutest thing.

Supplies: Basic Grey RSVP collection from the Gossamer Blue December Kits: Main Kit, Main Add-on, Add-on Kit #2, Bits & Pieces, Life Pages Main Add-on

In true Reese fashion, she got all decked out for her birthday, in her special dress. She started out with just the dress but slowly added to her attire with every present she opened that contained something she could wear. By the end, she had wings and this pretty floral headband and was strutting her stuff. I snapped this photo of her during the process.


For this month's Pattern Play over on the Gossamer Blue blog, I decided to create squares out of triangles, mixing and matching the various patterns from the Basic Grey and Gossamer Blue exclusive papers. I also brought in cardstock and die cuts to add dimension.

I added layers of pattern paper, a chipboard frame and a flower cluster beneath my photo to help ensure it stands out from the other patterns surrounding it. 

Lastly, I love the distressed look of the pink background paper but it felt like it was missing something so I added random stitch lines here, there and everywhere. I also embellished it with a few mist splatters and small die cuts all around the pink background paper and topped it off with a banner and balloon chipboard.

All I have to do now if add the journaling, which I plan to do under the Best Day Ever chipboard piece.

Thanks for stopping by today. Make it your best day ever! Oh and if you love this layout like I do, check it out on the Gossamer Blue blog too and leave me some scrappy love!

Heather

3 comments:

Tracey said...

Well, this is absolutely fabulous!! Such a pretty page!

KrissyClarkMcKee said...

Oh my goodness, I love, love, love this!!!!!!

Leanne said...

so adorable!! love, love LOVE the layers..x