Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Hugs & Kisses DIY Valentine's Day Home Decor

Happy day before Valentine's Day, friends!  I wanted to share a quick and easy DIY home decor you can whip up tonight for the big day tomorrow.
 I spotted this wonderful Heart shaped corkboard in the dollar spot at one of my most favorite places in the world and I snatched it up right away.  I wish I had grabbed more because I love it so!  Anyway, it was the inspiration I needed to celebrate my greatest loves! I printed a 2.5"x3" photo of my hubby and me and then two 2"x3" photos of our girls but what could I do to decorate this heart shaped corkboard that would help keep the shape of the heart? I figured it's all about the curves here so a few dimensional flowers would do the trick.

 Creating the flowers is actually pretty quick and easy.  I cut different shapes of squares and then cut them in a spiral, like you see in the top right and bottom of the photo above.  I kept some with a straight edge and others with a scallop.
While my glue gun was heating, I starting rolling the spiral around a pencil, starting with the outside edge.  Then, pulling the pencil away, I tightened it and shaped the flower to my liking and sealed it all together by applying hot glue to that round base.
How cute is this heart corkboard?  I created some additional flowers using my Silhouette CAMEO and a few cut files I had purchased.
  I decided to put clusters of flowers in a triangle because you know, decorating rules.

  Lastly, add photos and embellishments! Hang for all your special people to see. Supplies: My Funny Valentine Patterned Paper - Pretty in Pink (733326) My Funny Valentine Candy Dots Patterned Paper (733327) My Funny Valentine XOXO Patterned Paper (733325) My Funny Valentine Donut Sprinkles Patterned Paper (733330) My Funny Valentine Puffy Stickers Icons and Words (733278) My Funny Valentine Glitter Sticker Hearts (733287) My Funny Valentine Stickers - Icons and Accents (733322) My Funny Valentine Ephemera Cardstock Die Cuts (733273)

No comments: